The transition to business fashion wear can be pretty tricky sometimes.
You want to “WOW” your co-workers without going
It is important to remember that not all casual clothing is appropriate for business fashion wear.
In order to do this effectively, the sophisticated woman needs a few basic business fashion wear essentials.
· First, you’ll need simple flat-front pair of black pants. Black dress pants are versatile and can be dressed up or down as needed. An additional pair of khaki pants is also advisable.
· How about a straight skirt hanging just below the knees?
These skirts are flattering and can be worn with a multitude of tops. Casual skirts that are split below the knee are acceptable in most businesses. Mini-skirts/dresses seem to be more acceptable nowadays in the office however how sophisticated can a mini skirt be?
· You’ll need a sleeveless, fitted solid colored dress that can be worn with a cardigan.
· Brightly colored fine knit sweaters can be worn with either pants or a skirt.
· A black cardigan is chic and easy to wear.
· A sexy shell in a neutral color looks fabulous under a jacket.
· A crisp white shirt always looks smart.
· A classic gray or black coat is also needed.
· Black pumps with an elegant heel can compliment just aboutany outfit.Flip-flops, slippers and flashy athletic shoes are not acceptable in the office.
· A simple black bag (to match the black pumps) also
compliments most outfits.
Remember that clothing that reveals too much cleavage, back,chest, feet, any of your stomach or underwear is not appropriate for the work place.
All clothing should be pressed and clean. No torn, dirty or frayed clothing is acceptable. The only picture or words that are acceptable on attire is the company logo.
On “dress down” days, it is a good idea to keep it conservative.Wear nice jeans with a solid top and heels.
Never wear anything which can be potentially offensive to others.
There are many fabulous combinations you can create with a few basic pieces. Use your imagination and your co-workers will be so impressed they’ll start asking you for style advice!